User experience (UX) involves the behaviours, attitudes, and feelings people have about products and services. This term commonly arises when designing software applications. I was surprised and pleased to see an article demonstrating how andragogy and be applied to UX. I found this article while searching the #andragogy hashtag on Twitter. The authors suggest some great methods for incorporating andragogy into UX:
- Identity have users account for the principles of andragogy.
- Take existing components and improve the support andragogy.
- Obtain feedback from users regarding andragogy.
- Research new discoveries in andragogy.
- Practice designing for the principles of andragogy.
I find this a brilliant way to design software. Software can be difficult to learn and by using andragogy to aid in designing the software it can result in users being able to learn the software faster and more effectively. I’d be interested to see how andragogy can be applied towards word processing and spreadsheet software.